17.12.06

The WACA - Day 4

Despite awesome performances yesterday from Hussey, Clarke and Gillie, England are on the come-back and are currently putting in a tremendous effort. I think respect is due to a side that won't lie down and die that easily and for the first time during this match the WACA crowd is being exposed to some even sided cricket.

However let's not forget the incredible feat yesterday from Adam Gilchrist, that man is pure class and if there was any example of redemption after being down on form, then yesterdays time he spent at the crease was it. The only disappointment out of the day was the he was unable to smash the fastest century record which has stood for 21 years. Well, at least he's the second fastest now, but it would have been nice.

Hussey and Clarke were the other two with centuries to add to their names as well.

I'm personally hoping (and it's more than likely now) that play goes on tomorrow, which means I can run along to the ground early enough and buy a ticket so I can at least say I was in attendance when (hopefully) the Ashes were taken back.

I'll let you all know if I go and will try my hardest to take some decent pics, but I'm not promising anything.

No comments: